Location: Tampa, Florida
Penske Truck Leasing, an industry leading transportation company, is currently expanding IT operations into the Tampa Market. We are looking for qualified developers and software engineers to build and support next generation applications. Our teams have been working with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We are fast moving and growing our efforts across many different technologies consisting of a collaborative project team environment that allows you the opportunity to display your skills and learn from others. Our MIS department is a lab-like environment, and our developers have been building web and mobile applications that integrate with Big Data and Cloud platforms- to provide our customers with real time information on their fleet management and driver performance. This team is being built from the ground up, and will have an immediate, visible impact to our organization.
A Penske Senior Programmer Analyst develops and maintains computer applications for end user groups. While we are looking for a Full Stack Developer, we are specifically looking for those who are experts in Angular. We are open to candidates who are familiar with Angular v.2 and above as our environment is currently v.7 and will soon be upgraded. This specific role will be impacting websites and applications used by our marketing, remarketing and rental departments. This person will be responsible for analyzing the performance, writing of the code, testing and documenting solutions for these applications. In addition, this role contains a leadership component. This person will be expected to play a role in finding appropriate technology solutions for end clients, reviewing/mentoring Junior Developers and keeping leadership updated on project progress.
• Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
• Involved in the leading and reviewing of code from junior level and/or offshore/remote programmers or external vendors
• Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance
• Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
• Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
• Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees preferred
• 5-7 years of functional experience in the following areas:
In addition, preferred experience with:
• 1-2 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
• 3-5 years of experience and full fluency & knowledge in these systems, programming languages, tools and technologies:
• Working knowledge of systems development standards and procedures required
• Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging techniques required
• Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
• Must have strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
• Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently or on a team
• Strong time management skills required
• Must show initiative in issue resolution and prevention
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 100 Tampa, FL 33609
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1913447