Penske Truck Leasing has an exciting opportunity to join our IT Development team! You will get to work with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We have opportunities available in our new IT Development and Collaboration Center in Tampa, Florida.
Software Engineers are responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex software systems. A Software Engineer may be considered as the technical expert on a development team, and they use their expertise to help design applications and assist in technology research and recommendations as it pertains to their specific user department. They assist with the architectural design of the application, and support the Enterprise Architecture team in formulating standards and best practices for designing and coding applications. Software Engineers may be part of the team that evaluates and researches third-party software solutions, and recommends vendor software customization and deployment or in-house design and development to address client group needs. Software Engineers are required to be part of small to medium sized cross functional teams and are expected to demonstrate a consultative approach in working with process owners and IT teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions. A software engineer is expected to assist their specific development team in the creation of technical specifications, development best practices by conducting code reviews, functional and load based test plans. Software engineers are expected to deliver technical training sessions on technologies/methodologies to their respective development teams. Software Engineers are expected to have detailed technical knowledge of at least 1-2 mission critical business applications and are called upon during system issues.
• Responsible for designing, developing, and implementing complex software systems
• Assist in the architectural design of applications for supported user departments.
• Assist and in some cases lead technical sessions at the departmental level and play a major role in mentoring junior developers
• Work with Senior Engineers and cross functional teams to analyze system and application issues for the supported applications.
• Must be fully fluent in multiple programming languages.
• Should have the ability to break large systems/programs into logical units.
• Identify opportunities to keep current on emerging technologies and their innovative usage as it pertains to departmental goals.
• Ensure development standards are followed for supported user applications. Suggest improvements, additions to standards.
• Be a part of the team that conducts new-hire interviews.
• Lead project scope development and options analysis and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs (third party or in-house).
• Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership
• Must complete and implement projects on time, and ensure all assigned tasks and projects are executed to department quality standards.
• Plan, execute and report on the status of small to medium complex projects.
• Recognized as a technical lead for onshore and offshore teams on small and mid-sized projects.
• Other projects as assigned by the manager
• Work closely with mid to senior level management and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
• Lead the technical aspects of the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
• Translate business requirements into technical/system requirements
• Execute technical solutions to department quality standards.
• Involved in research and analysis of third party software solutions, and must be able to make a recommendation to use third party software or develop solution in-house
• Identify future opportunities for application enhancement and value generation.
• Know how to break technical solutions into logical units, and have the ability to use models to show applications or program flow.
• Works closely with senior developers/designers to support development efforts
• Involved in mentoring junior level associates.
• Responsible to assess task quality and provide ongoing feedback to project members.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 7-9 years of functional and technical experience.
• 2-3 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time).
Knowledge and Technical Skill Requirements:
• Understand application development life cycles/methodologies
• Understand systems development life cycle thoroughly, and ability to produce all required deliverables
• Understand database administration and data processing concepts.
• Thoroughly understand computer systems and underlying platforms and architectures.
• Demonstrate ability to independently write system specifications for complex applications
• Must be proficient in SQL & Query Optimization
Soft Skills Requirements:
• Written and oral interpersonal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Critical thinking & problem solving
• Ability to provide coaching/mentoring to junior level associates
• Lead cross-functional teams for small and mid-size projects
• Ability to resolve conflict within a work group
• Customer focus
• Ability to work independently or on a team
• Time management and prioritization
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 100 Tampa, FL 33609
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 1911503