At Pfizer we make medicines and vaccines that change patients’ lives with a global reach of over 780 million patients. Pfizer Digital is the organization charged with winning the digital race in the pharmaceutical industry. We apply our expertise in business process, technology, innovation and our businesses to support Pfizer in this mission.
The Business Process Excellence (BPE) function works across all business units and functions globally and is the Center Of Excellence for Enterprise scale process, or “mega-process,” redesign and establishment of Agile ways of working in the enterprise. The Agile ways of working the BPR team enables and supports are how Pfizer will achieve our Purpose of Breakthroughs that Change Patients’ Lives. Using facilitated, cross-functional Kaizen events, we re-imagine simplified, more efficient and digitized processes, organizational structures and solutions. In addition, we enable sustained effectiveness at a team and team-of-teams levels through the application of scrum, Kanban and other Agile mindsets and methodologies. As the enterprise COE for Agile, we enable teams to accomplish their work in a faster, more innovative and customer-centric way.
The BPE Acceleration Office (BAO) provides the infrastructure, standards and processes for applying Agile mindsets, methodologies and ways of working across the enterprise. The BAO activates teams while defining, enabling, scaling, and embedding Business Process Excellence at Pfizer. The team manages interconnected workstreams to ensure sustained adoption and transformation, for example efforts supporting the BPE operating model, leadership/culture/change management, enablement & onboarding, performance measurement and portfolio management, HR enablers & technology enablers.
This incumbent will act at a hands-on Agile team member charged with providing tools, standards and services to allow Pfizer to get the most out of Agile ways of working. Working with the Kaizen Facilitation and Agile Coaching teams within BPE and collaborating with teams across the enterprise, the colleagues will provide and / or specialize in one or more of the following services and accelerators :
- Portfolio services – team members will track, qualify and prepare the pipeline of efforts, supporting the teams for standard forms of Agile (e.g., Kaizen, Scrum, Kanban). As part of its tracking function, the BAO will maintain the portfolio of Agile/Kaizen teams, scaled structures and efforts including the related metadata and value provided by each related efforts.
- Agile Effectiveness and Value metrics and metric standards – team members will design the measures that should be tracked as part of each effort and track/maintain enterprise wide reporting capabilities to prove the value of the BPE function and compare Pfizer to benchmarks to track for example, agile maturity, value delivered and employee engagement. This includes the setup, tracking and analysis of agile and business KPIs and design and establishment of the data standards and use the databases to allow for reliable tracking. The reporting and metrics function will also provide services for the benefit of team-level roles (e.g., scrum master and product owner) to allow them to optimize their own teams.
- Tooling and software – team members will work with the appropriate bodies (e.g., enterprise architecture, Agile teams, DevSecOps teams/guilds, etc.) to identify and establish software and tooling standards to enable Agile teams to effectively collaborate, operate and improve.
- Operating model and playbook – team members will manage, maintain and publish our enterprise standards at a team and team-of-teams level, acting as the enterprise authority on applying Kaizen and Agile for the benefit of our internal teams and customers. This includes our team’s online presence and the mechanisms for candidate teams to enter our pipeline, collaborate as part of chapters or guilds, and other capabilities as needed.
- Community – the team members will establish, coordinate and maintain a vibrant Agile community of practitioners across Pfizer, providing the forums (virtual, remote and on possibly, on occasion face to face) to allow for community members to share best practices and information, tips and techniques, etc.
- BPE and Agile Training – the team members will establish and maintain materials to explain and train teams, stakeholders and leaders on the application of Agile ways of working, best practices, establishment of teams and teams-of-teams, leadership behavior, agile culture and continuous improvement. In addition to use of those materials by the team’s Kaizen facilitators and Agile coaches, the training function will deliver the materials as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- 7+ years of relevant experience as a process redesign, improvement expert and/or leading global organizations in transforming to adopt Agile ways of thinking and working.
- Has advanced knowledge of the principles, concepts and theories in application of Agile principles, mindsets and methodologies and/or application of Kaizen events to redefine business processes,
- Proven expertise in delivering business value gained from experience working as an Agile coach, scrum master and/or product owner, using methodologies like design thinking and lean
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to speak in public and present in front of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships, influence outcomes, and to deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and facilitating discussions to explore the best possible solutions
- Proven capability to foster open communication within teams to ensure the knowledge and expertise of all resources are leveraged
- Experience in building, leading and inspiring new teams.
- Ability to lead with imagination, courage, and curiosity in a complex, matrix environment with virtual teams and indirect resources geographically distributed.
- Possess one or more practitioner-level certifications from industry-recognized scrum, scaled agile, Kanban and Kaizen certification bodies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and concepts in business processes across biopharmaceutical companies
- Ideally, has a proven track record of using knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, related industries, customer requirements and the general business environment to support teams in their revising processes and/or adopting Agile
- Experience in using and/or teaching use of Jira, Confluence and Jira Align a plus
- Coaching level certs, e.g., Scrum Alliance Certified Team Coach (CTC) and Certified SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) or an Enterprise Level coaching certification (e.g., CEC).
Preferred candidates will have one or more of the following skills and experiences:
- Data management and reporting
- Dashboard design and creation using Tableau
- Microsoft SharePoint, PowerApps, and website creation and maintenance of MS SharePoint custom web part and CSS creation using MS Visual Studio
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Travel will be required as part of this role. Expectations around travel will vary but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to Pfizer World Headquarters.
- BPE is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
- Primary working hours will follow the Eastern time zone
Other Job Information
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt