Requisition ID: 1115
Experience Level: Mid
Location: MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL
Clearance Required: DoD SECRET or TS/SCI
Quiet Professionals, LLC is looking for Help Desk Technicians to work on a USSOCOM help desk contract in Tampa, Florida. This contract services SOCOM users around the world.
This position will occasionally only be open to candidates who hold both a TS/SCI and an IT certification.
This position will occasionally have openings for intelligence analysts who are looking to switch to a career in IT. Such candidates do not need to have prior IT experience or certification, but must hold a TS/SCI. Such candidates must be able to obtain an IT certification within 90 days of hire.
Interfaces directly with supported end-users to provide hardware, software, network and applications problem resolution. Is familiar with industry standard desktop operating systems and office automation software suites. HDTs must be able to clearly communicate via phone, portals and instant messaging with end users and technicians. HDTs must have experience troubleshooting core services (file, e-mail, print, web, portal and transport). HDTs should be qualified to perform the following functions:
Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of desktop/laptop related problems in a 56,000+ customer enterprise.
Troubleshoot research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows XP, Windows 7, MS Office applications, email, other special applications, Internet connections, and hardware/peripheral equipment via telephone.
Document, track, resolve, and report on problems and work orders using Remedy Action Request database system.
Monitor networks, secure and non-secure; modify user accounts via Active Directory, submit changes to file management and peripheral devices via Remedy, escalate network incidents, provide direct support to USSOCOM customers located throughout the world.
Monitor network status remotely using several Network Management Systems, and create applicable work orders for discrepancy resolution as necessary.
Determine which special team can best resolve the problem and assign the task to the Desktop Support, Customer Support, Network Administration or System Administration Teams when a solution cannot be provided telephonically.
Monitor secure and non-secure networks 24X7 and escalate incidents to system administrators, network administrators, computer security administrators and management teams for resolution.
– Candidates holding a Secret clearance must hold an A+, N+, or S+ certification (certification shall not expire within the first 6 months of hire)
– Must have 2+ years of IT experience (not relevant if intelligence analysts switching careers)
– Must be familiar with Dameware and Terminal Services.
– Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Must hold DoD SECRET or TS/SCI security clearance
– Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts, to include occasional nights, weekends, and holidays
– Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot network, system and application issues.
– Knowledge of workstation hardware and Microsoft Technologies.
– Technical expertise in the setup, operation, and troubleshooting of all associated and follow-on operating systems.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.