The Opportunity and Essential Responsibilities
The Security Orchestration, Automation, & Response (SOAR) team is looking for a spirited Senior UX Designer to create thoughtful end-to-end experiences that drive customer outcomes and help our users achieve their cybersecurity goals.
In this role, you’ll partner with your practice counterparts to:
- Explore and craft design solutions for our customers’ most complex cybersecurity problems in the automation and response space.
- Own key cross-platform response experiences that tie together many solutions in the Rapid7 suite and help our users execute security tasks efficiently.
- Help drive the evolution of our solutions, and influence the future of the SOAR customer experience.
- Drive meaningful outcomes that contribute to real customer success and company goals.
As a Senior UX Designer, your major areas of focus will be to:
- Work within a customer-centric, outcome-focused cybersecurity practice and build deep understanding of the security user and their challenges, including integrating complex tools and systems, automating tasks with reliability and trust, and collaborating with their team to respond to incidents and threats.
- Help lead a key cross-platform capability end-to-end, from problem definition and experience discovery, exploration, and design through delivery. This involves design methods like user flows, journey maps, sketches, low and high fidelity visual mockups, and functional prototypes.
- Partner across the SOAR practice to help proactively influence, manage, plan, and scope UX team projects and practice-wide initiatives. This includes translating strategy, customer needs, research findings, and usability best practices into high quality, customer-centric design solutions that support and reinforce product vision, brand, and customer outcomes.
- Collaborate across multiple practice and geographically distributed teams to unite designers as a collective, and ensure cohesive experiences within our platform and brand portfolio.
- Mentor junior members on the team and work with fellow UXers across practices to establish a tight knit culture of growth, learning, and strong UX advocacy.
- We are looking for a candidate that roughly has 4-6 years of relevant experience; this includes holding previous roles as a product designer, UX designer, visual designer, or equivalent experience.
- We don’t require cybersecurity experience. It’s a nice to have, but ultimately we’re looking for someone with great UX instincts that can identify patterns and needs across our customer base, and synthesize these complexities into usable and polished design solutions. We know there will be a ramp-up period, and will support your journey into this exciting field!
- We need someone who, once it’s safe to do so, can travel occasionally, both domestically and internationally, and is at home on remote teams. Rapid7 has 7 offices with team members present across North America and Europe. You’ll work directly with team members in Tampa, but also Boston, MA; Arlington, VA; New York, NY; Belfast, UK; and other locations.
- Trust for employees has always been the basis of our working style and we’re supportive of the flexible new reality of work. While this is an in-office position and we expect you to be in the office a few days a week, we are a team of varied situations and we trust you to get your work done regardless of your location.