ReliaQuest is seeking a high-performing head of PR with the talent and drive not only to evangelize one of cybersecurity’s most innovative emerging technologies, but to pave the way for an entirely new market category.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, this highly visible leadership role will be responsible for developing and driving our external and related internal communications strategies. This individual will have proven success as a master storyteller capable of identifying unmet market needs, then building targeted, compelling narratives that capture attention and mindshare. S/he will have a track record of entrepreneurially working across an organization to build, refine, and package stories, then collaborating with colleagues, external agencies, and consultants to ensure they hit their mark in terms of increased awareness and revenue growth.
- Develop ReliaQuest’s PR, social media, and related internal communications strategies. Own execution of associated plans, including scope, target outcomes, key metrics and measures, and required inputs and resources to deliver.
- Work with ReliaQuest’s PR agencies to leverage their and your relationships with key media outlets and reporters to drive awareness of ReliaQuest, its emerging category of Security Model Management, its innovative GreyMatter technology platform, customer success/results, and unique corporate culture.
- Drive internal communications alongside our talent development team to ensure employees worldwide are aware of, fully understand, and feel actively engaged in these efforts.
- Proactively source and package stories of interest across ReliaQuest’s employees, customers, and operations, including development of related assets and deliverables (e.g., articles, videos, infographics). Liaise with internal subject matter experts on latest research and threat intelligence findings.
- Manage a communications and content calendar to amplify marketing activity and campaigns
- Build a speaker’s bench and drive ReliaQuest’s public speaking opportunities, working closely with product marketing and field marketing.
- Train and develop company spokespeople to optimize success of media interviews (media training), strategic influencer interactions, social media, and public speaking.
- Expand the influence and effectiveness of ReliaQuest’s social media footprint, both through direct corporate channels (e.g., LinkedIn and Twitter) and by optimizing the activation of employees, partners, and other ecosystem members.
- Track and report on KPIs to identify program performance and areas for improvement.
- 5-7 years of communications or PR agency experience.
- Subject matter expertise in B2B SaaS is required, office of the CIO is desirable, and cybersecurity is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience developing, directing and executing strategic communications programs that blend PR, content marketing, social media and data.
- Experience helping disruptive technology companies develop compelling messaging, storylines and thought leadership platforms.
- Established relationships with top-tier trade media and bloggers, vertical market media and national and local business media.
- Entrepreneurial drive: a “builder” who can toggle between strategy and execution.
- Exception verbal and written communications skills.