Job Description | Marketing Director
(For questions or to apply, please contact email@example.com)
Reports To: President
Position Summary: The Director of Marketing is responsible for the development, management and overall execution of branding, marketing, internal communications, external communications, and media relations for this 501c3 nonprofit organization, including but not limited to marketing and marketing strategy, events, programming, Synapse Summit, Synapse Challenges, and Synapse Connect.
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Lead, develop and support integrated marketing and communications strategy and planning; Responsible for writing and preparing marketing communications plans and proposals, disseminating appropriate, timely, and strategic written, electronic, and digital information to media and external constituencies
- Organize the marketing and branding strategy, ensuring integrity of the brand, whether around the company or a particular event; accountable for execution against strategy
- Shepherd the delivery of large-scale, strategic marketing projects from initiation to execution and ongoing adaptation, setting clear expectations for tasks and deliverables and communicating these needs to the appropriate internal teams and constituencies
- Stay up to date with current trends and apply branding and relationship-building trends with exercise with agility and strategic acumen
- Lead digital marketing strategy and efforts, including social media, website, email, newsletter, and SEO
- Organize and lead trade show booth efforts and design, ensuring it fits goals of given events where Synapse exhibits
- Organize, develop, and execute external communications, media strategy and dissemination of information; establish, maintain, and grow media relationships
- Finalize and execute against signed agreements with marketing and media partners
- Responsible for marketing budget as outlined and approved by Synapse President
- Manage a small team of staff, contractors, and/or volunteers
- Lead, participate in and support marketing activations; and develop regular activity reports in support of these efforts to track metrics for the initiative’s goals as laid out by the President
- Align to mission, vision, values, and culture
- Willingness to travel occasionally (up to 10%)
Synapse Vision: Synapse empowers and provides the foundation for Florida’s innovators to accomplish their goals by building meaningful connections and sharing ideas.
Values: Community First; Be Honest, Be Accountable, Be Agile, and Take Action; Keep it Fun and Thought Provoking; Light it Up!