Hot Job of the Day!
Tampa Bay Business Journal is hiring a Lead Designer!
Reporting to the Editor, the Lead Designer ensures the highest possible design and story-telling standards are met by the Tampa Bay Business Journal on all platforms day in and day out online, and week in and week out in print. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in visual storytelling, with a solid background in publication design and photography. This position is responsible for driving new and creative forms of storytelling and is expected to contribute to, and edify, planning discussions at all levels across the newsroom.
– Design and visually edify printed Weekly Edition
– Execute companywide design format, standards and style guide for Weekly Edition
– Work with editorial news team to creatively present stories and data in print and digital platforms
– Generate graphics, images and layout to drive reader engagement for print and online story-telling
– Design special sections and reports
– Contribute story ideas regularly, as well as a constant stream of ideas for stories in the pipeline
– Must be proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop; HTML/CSS a plus
– Strong visual storyteller who can drive non-narrative story forms and infographics
– Comfortable using third-party software/tools to create graphics and digital interactives
– Has experience editing photos and brainstorming ideas with photographers
– Strong communicator, able to articulate the design vision to editorial and business staffers alike
– Works cooperatively and collaboratively with all colleagues and professionally with sources and vendors
– Minimum of 1 to 3 years of publication design experience in a newsroom
– The ideal candidate will have managerial experience, and a diverse background working with editors, designers, photographers and department heads
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
The Tampa Bay Business Journal and its 40+ sister publications are part of American City Business Journals, the No. 1 source for local business news in the nation. We publish daily online, weekly in print and deliver multiple daily email products, as well as host monthly events attended by hundreds of business executives. The Tampa Bay Business Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Email resume and a link to design samples to Laurie Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications with design samples and editorial experience will be considered (please do not send work samples as PDFs or attachments). No phone calls please.
Tampa Bay Business Journal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law.
Tampa Bay has the hottest job market in the state, which means that job you want is probably posted right now. You won’t know the possibilities unless you look.