Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation
Department: Economic Development
Position: International Business Manager
Reports to SVP, Economic Development
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Summary of Responsibilities
Under the leadership and direction of the SVP, Economic Development, the International Business
Manager will manage international business activities. This role is responsible for generating and
managing foreign direct investment inquiries and projects. They will also manage the international trade
supporting functions of the EDC. In collaboration with Pinellas, and Pasco County economic development
representatives, they will coordinate inbound and outbound international trade and Foreign Direct
Investment Missions. This role will serve as the Global Tampa Bay Liaison. This role manages the
international business development initiatives of the Tampa Bay EDC including, but not limited to business
retention and expansion, export promotion, project management, and international partner relations.
• Manage the Tampa Bay EDC International Marketing Initiatives.
• Manage Business Development activities resulting in Foreign Direct Investment projects.
• Conduct the EDC’s international trade consultation program.
• Represent the Tampa Bay EDC at Global Tampa Bay’s activities and initiatives.
• Monitor and update Global Tampa Bay marketing assets and social media as needed.
• Organizing and manage Tampa Bay EDC logistics for international missions.
• Meet and maintain communication with other partner organizations in international efforts
• Facilitate international-focused events and educational discussions
• Provide regular and continual updates on performance metrics and maintain accurate and upto-date accounts
• Regular data entry in the CRM
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Competence with Microsoft Office applications
• Must be self-motivated and able to collaborate and work in a team environment to accomplish
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to multi-task
• Detail oriented
• Ability to speak one or more foreign languages would be a plus
• Ability to treat sensitive information in a confidential manner
• Valid passport
• May involve 20% International travel for missions, mission planning, meetings, trade shows,
• Occasional travel for meetings
• Some evenings and weekends may be required
• Work under and maintain confidentiality
• Eligible for remote work per TBEDC Employee Handbook policies
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a
contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for