Summary of Responsibilities
The Director of Investor Relations is responsible for leading the fundraising efforts for the organization and is responsible for maximizing investor revenue growth and minimizing investor attrition. The Director will identify and pursue other sources of new funding, such as grants and sponsorships, to support the initiatives of the EDC and its Foundation. The Director will be responsible for managing the Investor Relations Committee and the Investor Relations Department and will supervise the Investor Relations Manager.
• Set, monitor and achieve new investment, sponsorship revenue, and grant revenue goals
• Set, monitor and achieve Investor retention goals
• Identify, pursue and close new Investor prospects
• Identify new grant and sponsorship opportunities and secure them
• Identify and pursue large philanthropic and corporate sponsorships to support the initiatives of the EDC and its Foundation
• Research public and private grant sources and write grant proposals and reports to potential corporate, foundation and government funders
• Work with existing staff to help identify other sponsorship opportunities, grants or revenue sources
• Develops or supports strategy for all fundraising efforts and initiatives
• Meet with existing Investors and other business, academic and nonprofit leaders to identify potential prospects and partners for the EDC and its Foundation
• Manages current investor relationships to ensure retention, identify upgrade potential, and in-kind opportunities
• Manages the Investor Relations Committee
• Develop or strengthen professional relationships with key contacts in local, public and private organizations on behalf of the EDC and its Foundation
• Ensure that meetings and events are properly communicated to all investors and make personal invitations where appropriate
• Ensure that the EDC is represented at key community functions and events
Finance & Administration
• Monitor/report fundraising goals and benchmarks
• Oversee collections for Investor commitments, sponsorships and other sources of funds committed to the EDC of its Foundation
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
• Four-year college degree required
• Five years of progressive experience in sales, fundraising, or marketing, preferably in an association
• Proven track record of following a sales process and an ability to close new business, sponsorships, or investors
• Experience in managing and coordinating team members
• Proven ability to engage confidently with C-suite executives and political and community leaders
• Proven ability to handle a fast-paced work environment, to prioritize a heavy workload, to manage multiple assignments and to meet deadlines
• Proven ability to work with other managers and team members • Motivated self-starter, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proven adherent of a team-driven philosophy • Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
• Must be able to travel frequently throughout Hillsborough County and periodically outside the region.
• Occasional travel for meetings, community/industry events and/or to attend seminars
• Some evening and weekend work may be required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time for any reason. All applicants for this position are subject to pre-employment drug and background screenings.