As a key member of an award-winning and globally-recognized team, the Communications Specialist is responsible for the creation and execution of both print and video content for the Aviation Authority and its airports. Reporting to the Director of Communications, this position leverages a variety of software programs and dynamic communication strategies in support of the department’s needs and goals.
- Researches, pitches and produces written and digital content for distribution in airport newsletter, community and industry publications
- Identifies video messaging opportunities and creates monthly video communications calendar
- Monitors news coverage of the Aviation Authority and aviation industry and identifies trends and opportunities for promoting airport initiatives
- Manages TPA TV internal communications platform, as well as airport’s Media Library and Archives
- Responsible for airport website updates
- Assists with execution of special projects, events and presentations
- Supports airport social media program
- Maintains media contacts list
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, English or other related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Broadcast Journalism, Media Relations or Public Relations.
- Must possess outstanding writing and technology skills and the ability to communicate technical information accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Must be skilled at prioritizing assignments and handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines and have the ability to quickly learn new communications and media platforms.
- Must also be a self-starter, be detail-oriented and be able to work independently.
- Dependability and flexibility to work outside of traditional business hours as business needs arise are essential.
- Experience shooting and editing video on tight deadlines using professional camera/audio equipment and editing software
- Knowledge of best practices for social media, website and print communications
- Experience updating website platforms and working with software such as PressPage, MailChimp or Drip