The Network & Systems Security Analyst is responsible for planning/designing, implementing, and supporting new and existing network, server, and storage infrastructure. This role is also responsible for ensuring all network security controls are in place based on IT Security policy and guidelines.
1. Plan, design, and implement network, server, and storage infrastructure based on project requirements, capacity plans, and system support. (20%)
2. Problem solving involves basic troubleshooting following the OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) model, making or calling for equipment repairs, and problem escalation. (20%)
3. Detection and correction of work stoppages and/or errors are accomplished by monitoring systems and changing configurations as necessary. (20%)
4. Install and support network, server, and storage hardware and software. (10%)
5. Direct participation in the planning and designing, maintenance, testing and documentation of the company’s disaster recovery plans are vital. (10%)
6. Provide and apply appropriate security consulting and support for IT infrastructure across multiple platforms (Firewalls, Operating Systems, and other network devices). (10%)
7. Provide second-level technical support for security systems and authentication mechanisms on all operating system platforms. (10%)
Key Internal: Consults with all IT departments as needed. This role requires the ability to provide technical direction to members of project teams.
Key External: Consults with vendor technical specialists and account managers for the various technologies deployed.
Monitors and troubleshoots server and network related problems and failures; and installs and configures hardware/software. Works under direct supervision.
1. Support: Monitors, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and remedies server and network related problems and failures. (50%)
2. Implement: Installs and configures server and network related hardware/software which meet the company’s security standards. (40%)
3. Design/Plan: Design and planning required for small projects. (10%)
Required: Has obtained at least one associate level certification: (i.e. Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), GIAC Certifications, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
Preferred: CCNA, VCP, CISSP, or MCSA
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent IT discipline (MIS).
Required: Minimum four (4) years of related hands on experience implementing and maintaining Windows, VMware, firewall support, or Cisco Networking. In lieu of some experience, an Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent IT discipline (MIS) and three (3) years of related experience implementing and maintaining Windows servers, VMware, firewall support, Cisco Networking; OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent IT discipline (MIS) and two (2) years of related experience implementing and maintaining Windows servers, VMware, firewall support, or Cisco Networking, may be considered.
Ability to support existing server and network infrastructure. Knowledge of network or server infrastructure regardless of the complexity. Supports the following technologies: switching, routing, DNS/DHCP, Windows Active Directory, Storage Area Networks, networking/server hardware installation, firewall, IDS/IPS, and Antivirus support.