A Systems Analyst develops applications; implements software packages, integrates applications, and provides 24×7 application support. Collaborates on all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with a focus on the application design, development, and implementation phases. Utilizes appropriate development tools and technologies in keeping with the IT architecture.
Advancement to a higher level is based on value added to the Company through increased duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments. Advancement is not automatic, i.e. based solely on time in the job, but will be based on direct observation of the employee’s performance, accomplishments, qualifications, and the business and/or technical needs of the department.
Most work performed in an office environment, but occasional travel to operating locations is required.
The Systems Analyst develops software of moderate complexity based on specifications provided. Provides primary and/or secondary support for one or more applications. Participates on Application Development and Support team. May serve as Technical Lead on small projects. Works under moderate supervision and may oversee contract resources and/or junior staff.
1. Develops software of moderate complexity based on specifications provided.
2. Implements software packages for which moderate configuration and integration is required; interaction with vendor resources remotely or onsite may be required.
3. Integrates applications with moderately complex interfaces based on specifications provided.
4. Provides 24×7 primary and/or secondary support for one or more applications classified as niche, core, or mission-critical.
5. Supports the request and analysis phases of SDLC by producing required documentation and estimates with review by more senior staff.
6. Executes the design, development, and implementation phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables with review by more senior staff.
7. Participates on an Application Development and Support team as well as project teams under the direction of their manager, senior team members, or project managers. May function as Technical Lead on small projects.
8. Acquires and maintains knowledge of business areas relevant to projects and application support assignments.
9. Acquires and maintains appropriate technical skills.
Indirect Supervision: Provides no direct supervision, but may be assigned a leadership role that could include overseeing contract resources and/or junior staff.
Internal: Interacts with all levels of team members throughout the TECO Energy companies. Frequently interacts with other IT support groups.
External: Interacts with outside consulting firm personnel and software and hardware vendors.
Preferred: At least one professional certification in specific job-related disciplines.
• Working knowledge of business software applications and hardware technologies. Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies.
• Good verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Effectively presents information to their team and department as needed.
• Understands project plans and is able to clearly articulate their role, project goals, and timelines. Develops project plans for small projects.
• Comprehends technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture. Authors technical design specifications for small projects.
• Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.