A fantastic opportunity to join the team developing the city’s hottest new destination district – Midtown Tampa!
THE BROMLEY COMPANIES is fully integrated real estate investment, development and management firm headquartered in Manhattan and with offices in Tampa FL and Champaign, IL, Bromley’s projects include urban office, mixed-use lifestyle development and student housing
I. JOB SUMMARY
As a key member of the accounting group, the Property Accountant reports directly to the Assistant Controller to support the effective maintenance of books and records, recording of transactions and accruals and to provide timely and accurate financial reporting to senior management to facilitate informed business decision making.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating and capital budgets and special project budgets working closely with Company’s Property Managers and Controller
- Prepare monthly and annual year-end workpapers for financials and tax return preparation for outside accountants
- Review year-end journal entries from outside accountants from tax returns and reconcile to the financial statements
- Prepare monthly financial statements including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow statements with supporting footnote disclosures
- Prepare accruals for month-end close
- Assist with preparation of bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Assist with monthly tenant billings
- Record weekly and biweekly payroll as provided by payroll service
- Review general ledger activity for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare and record necessary monthly accruals and recurring journal entries
- Prepare quarterly capex actual vs. budget
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliation for commercial property and management company
- Assist with cash receipts
- Perform all tasks assigned and perform them effectively, efficiently, correctly and timely
C. Other Responsibilities/Projects
- Work with the accounting software and its integrated property management component to facilitate the flow of financial and non-financial information into the system for each property
- Special projects as needed
The Property Accountant must have excellent written and oral communication skills. S/he must be able to be helpful and work effectively with others in the company and various constituencies. S/he must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and conduct work in a professional and courteous manner.
The Property Accountant must be able to make decisions to perform daily operations in all areas of his/her responsibility. S/he must demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a solid background in accounting or financial administration. S/he should be able to set up effective, efficient systems for financial operations in his/her area of responsibility. S/he must be able to prioritize work optimally, manage multiple tasks and demonstrate a high level of initiative. S/he must be able to provide clear, concise documentation in financial records and demonstrate excellent organizational skills and efficiency in his/her own work. A high level of confidentiality and professionalism is required in this position.
IV. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Typical office setting in a non-smoking, temperature controlled workspace.
The Property Accountant will routinely utilize the following: computer, telephone, facsimile, copy machine, calculator, typewriter, and printer
V. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Four year degree from an accredited university in accounting
- Between 2 and 4 years’ experience in property accounting
- MUST have experience with Yardi
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Self-motivated, self-directed and detailed oriented with ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with direct supervisor and others
- Has ambition to grow and take on more responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- CPA and/or public accounting experience a plus, but not mandatory.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD EMAIL THEIR RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@BROMCO.COM.