Purpose of the Position:
The Director, Telephony & Contact Center Technologies provides strong leadership and operational management of UMA’s Contact Center platforms. This role leads the technical and operational Technology team members at UMA in order to fulfill our mission of making a difference in our students’ lives. Additionally, this position will partner with all levels across UMA to determine resource requirements and technological needs, as well as, identify/implement solutions that help differentiate UMA’s engagement capabilities. This functional and technical role will be hands-on with strong communication, leadership and organizational development skills working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic environment aligned closely with business stakeholders and Technology resources in solving business issues and problems for the betterment of UMA’s Students, Faculty and Staff. This position will establish and implement best practices (standards, processes & techniques), drive to increase support and functionality with solutions of ownership, and lead a high performing team focused on quality and exceptional delivery. This position plays an influential role as a member of the Technology team in shaping tech strategy by partnering not only with the VP of Enterprise Architecture & Solutions, but also the other Technology leaders at UMA. The Director, Telephony & Contact Center Technologies reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Architecture & Solutions.
- Lead a team of senior architects, engineers and product manager that focus on supporting and delivering high quality telephony & contact center services, solutions, & tools to be utilized by UMA Faculty and Staff.
- Work closely with business leadership and stakeholders to implement, upgrade, develop and provide operational support of both UMA’s enterprise telephony and contact center platforms.
- Cultivate positive and trusting relationship with key stakeholders and UMA Department Leadership, earning trust and building the team’s reputation.
- Work closely with the business product owners and stakeholders to define robust and flexible roadmaps of telephony/contact center products solutions ensuring they are well understood to serve as a tool to manage emerging capabilities requirements, priorities and projects.
- Manage vendors and key partnerships by holding them accountable for performance and expectations as well as leverage and drive them to increase product capabilities and functionality.
- Lead cross functional, enterprise level initiatives for business-critical telephony and contact center technology integration. Implement and drive daily operational support services and provide leadership in the development of data strategies for engagement technologies.
- Ensure Telephony & Contact Center initiatives are well managed and delivered on expectations regarding quality, functionality, timeliness, and cost.
- Bring innovative, external best practices to Telephony & Contact Center solutions processes, products & applications.
- Foster a positive team environment, driving standards, consistency, collaboration, accountability, quality and continuous improvement across the team.
- Build an open style of communication to promote the flow of ideas and build consensus across the UMA Technology and business teams.
- Work with the VP of Enterprise Architecture on the alignment of the technical roadmap and architecture for all platforms compromising UMA’s comprehensive Telephony and Contact Center Technologies. This includes multiple Genesys PureConnect environments, Call Compliance Portal (CCP), Rules Engine for SMS and predictive routing, Analytics for call analysis, etc…
- Work with the VP of Enterprise Architecture and other Technology leadership on the creation and delivery of strategic roadmaps, plans and proposals, and playbooks with defined timelines, LOEs and ROIs.
- Lead the integration of multiple and disparate channels into a cohesive functional and technical roadmap for an effective agent experience.
(Phone, SMS, Chat, Video, etc…)
- Lead the evolution of technical delivery for UMA’s Telephony & Contact Center solutions through modern CI/CD principles, working with Software Engineering and DevOp on CI/CD processes for the solution stack.
- Bring clarity to ambiguous technical elements of the Telephony & Contact Center solution stack.
- Coordinate the annual Technology budgeting process for Telephony/Unified Communication solutions.
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Keep current on institutional goals, objectives, and progress
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree with a technology focus and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Contact Center & Unified Communications technologies in large & complex, multi/omni-channel outbound call center environments. (2,000+ agents)
- 10+ years’ experience with SIP technologies and carrier provisioning
- 8+ years direct experience with Genesys PureConnect (Interactive Intelligence CIC)
- 8+ years’ experience with REST based Service Oriented Architecture applications
- 5+ years’ experience with Azure PaaS & Service Fabric technologies.
- 5+ years’ experience with CRMs in Contact Center environments
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Expertise with on prem Genesys PureConnect
- Expertise with Genesys PureConnect Dialer with custom Scripting App
- Expertise with Analytics solutions
- Expertise in complex Systems Integrations
- Strong understanding of KPI and reporting dashboards
- Functional Skills
- Proven critical thinking, and technical acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English Listens and gets clarification
- Responds well to questions
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills
- Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Treats people with respect
- Service Orientation
- Keeps commitments
- Proactive, self-driven with a focus on follow through
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Works with integrity and ethically
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to see ideas and imagine possibilities
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience with Office 365 platform (all applications)
- Office Environment/Home Office – Must be able to work in the UMA Office
- Mobile phone
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.