Purpose of the Position:
Digital Workplace Solutions Analyst, Collaboration & Administration (DWSA) is responsible for identifying opportunities with emerging technologies, application administration, and analytics. Leveraging proven Office 365 experience, the DWSA will manage the configuration and implementation of these solutions, integrating UMA’s standards, best practices, and consideration for the company culture. The DWSA must be versatile, providing value within a wide variety of responsibilities, and comfortable with rapidly changing priorities.
Focusing on collaboration and application administration, the DWSA will be a key asset in enabling and driving digital transformation at UMA. As an Analyst, you will draw on your strong analytical skills to dive deep and design logical and flexible solutions that simplify complex or redundant processes, seeking to standardize where possible and to improve the overall quality of the applications.
The Digital Workplace Solutions Analyst, Collaboration & Administration reports to the Digital Workplace Solutions Manager.
- Partner with UMA’s Infrastructure and Engineering teams in identifying opportunities to optimize Office 365 for collaboration, document management, user administration, security and compliance and reporting.
- Drive the implementation of these opportunities, including requirements gathering, documentation, design, configuration, testing, implementation and training materials.
- Champion and evangelize the expansion of new work paradigms across UMA based on modern Digital Workplace platforms, particularly Office 365.
- Research and share information of upcoming Office 365 & Admin releases to proactively identify changes that affect existing and future solutions
- Lead IT’s Office 365 Power Users Group and host training sessions
- Develop metrics and KPIs to track UMA Hub analytics
- Participate in UMA’s IT change management process
- Participate in industry-related webinars and online training sessions
- Provide day-to-day administration of the Office 365 platform, including security administration and functional configuration of Office 365 apps.
- Design and implement administration framework for automation solutions
- Participate in UAT testing
- Implement new tools to support collaboration initiatives
- Develop and manage UMA’s Office 365 change management process
- Provide support for issues/bugs and enhancement requests
Support Institutional Initiatives
- Engage in institutional sponsored activities and initiatives as appropriate
- Lead with courage in support of change initiatives that impact organization
- Manages and assists in coordinating efforts between departments within UMA
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree with a technology focus and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the IT or education industry
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with application administration
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working across various functional groups such as HR, IT, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business tools such as Skype and Microsoft Teams
- Proficient with SharePoint Online, Skype for Business, MS Teams, MS Stream, PowerPlatform
- Proficient with Office 365 and Azure Administration Portals
- Experience with the Security and Compliance Center
- Experience providing end-user support and troubleshooting
- Experience working with vendors to resolve escalated issues
- Experience with Microsoft licensing and user management
- Functional Skills
- Proven leadership, critical thinking, and business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Able to professionally communicate in verbal and written English
- Listens and gets clarification
- Responds well to questions
- Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Varies writing style to meet needs
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills
- Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Gives and welcomes feedback
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Treats people with respect
- Service Orientation
- Keeps commitments
- Proactive, self-driven with a focus on follow through
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Works with integrity and ethically
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to see ideas and imagine possibilities
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to support a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Experience with Office 365 platform (all applications)
- Experience leading and implementing migration projects
- Experience developing security and compliance initiatives
- Professional project management experience
- Experience leading emerging technology and process improvement
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Microsoft certifications
- Office Environment/Home Office – Must be able to work in the UMA Office
- Mobile phone
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.