Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary purpose of this position is: Directs and oversee the performance of the supervisory and management staff, delegating assignments and tasks as necessary. Implements and ensures that procedures are followed to provide a safe, efficient, service-oriented, and profitable department.
- Directs and oversees the overall operations functions of the division.
- Accountable for the productivity, safety and morals of the Operations Department.
- Delegates work, analyzes progress, and oversees performance of the supervisory and management staff.
- Audits compliance of D.O.T. regulations, HACCP programs, GFSI audit and Company safety programs
- Recommends proposals to Sales Department in effort to create efficient and profitable routing through adjustment of delivery schedules.
- Prepares Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for fiscal budgeting purposes for Warehousing, Building/Grounds and Transportation.
- Oversees cost control of Warehouse, Transportation and Buildings/Grounds Departments.
- Coordinates inbound shipments and inventory-related issues with Procurement and Finance Departments.
- Education (Minimum Needed): 4-year degree preferred (or High School Diploma (or GED) and equivalent experience)
- Experience (Minimum Needed): 3 years Warehouse/Transportation experience, various job functions in distribution management, minimum of 3 years of management experience
- Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job: D.O.T. regulations, Selecting/interviewing/recruiting, Customer Service, budgeting and cost control, knowledge of OSHA, HAACP, Red Prairie, POD, XATA, Roadnet and other regulations, PC skills (Excel/Word).
- Special Skills: Above average written and oral skills, good negotiating and communication skills.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***