Location: Tampa Crosstown Campus
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Knowledge of financial institution and banking regulations with the ability to provide advisory services for business stakeholders. Knowledge should include Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Interagency Guidelines Establishing Information Security Standards, 12 CFR Part 30, Appendix B, Standards for Safeguarding Customer Information FRB SR 01-15 (SUP), PCI DSS Standards, 23 NYCRR 500, FFIEC IT Handbook and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, risk and industry standards associated with emerging technology, authentication capabilities, network design/security, cloud computing environment and internet of things (IoT). Knowledge of leading Information Security industry frameworks (i.e. NIST, ISO, COBIT, ITIL, CMMI, COSO, SANS) and Information Security and Data governance models.
- 1st and/or 2nd line of defense experience in IT security compliance a large financial institution focused on assessing information systems and technology risks and controls, with a demonstrated background in applying risk & controls, security and technology principles.
- Experience contributing to cyber threat operations to include cyber threat prevention, knowledge of cybersecurity infrastructure and use of cybersecurity assessment tool (CAT) in the financial services, information technology industry or within a military branch.
- Previous technical domain experience to include IT Architecture, DevOps, Application Development, SDLC methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, and SAFe, and middleware, testing and deployment toolsets.
- Familiarity with compliance assessments through strong understanding of policies, procedures, programs, external regulations, and business objectives to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place.
- Experience providing “credible challenge” to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence while balancing relationships effectively at all levels up to senior leadership.
- Information Security Designations such as: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC).
- Experience building technology risk frameworks, assessments, reports metrics, KRIs, and utilize risk management tools (MetricSteam, Archer) to analyze, model, monitor and report risk.
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and ability to present findings and recommendations.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 4/20/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.