USF World is led by a VP and is comprised of units across Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Sarasota devoted to promoting global engagement including: global learning, study abroad; support for international students and scholars, the management of global partnerships, international travel risk mitigation services, Peace Corps programming, global research support, data mapping of the university’s global footprint, global alumni development and outreach, and the marketing and communication of USF World programs and initiatives.
The Global Travel Health and Safety Administrator serves as the point of contact within USF World for health, safety and preparedness protocols and services associated with international travel. The position reports to Associate Director, Director, VP or other appropriate administrator within USF World. The position provides leadership, innovation, advocacy and support to USF’s international travelers and management of USF’s global risk exposure as enumerated in USF International Travel Policy #10-507.
- Designs, develops, implements, and updates practical and effective international emergency management health, safety, and risk standards, best practices, protocols, and guidelines for international student and business travel to minimize the university’s global risk exposure and to ensure compliance with Travel Policy #10-507.
- Develops and delivers health and safety risk mitigation trainings, workshops, orientations and/or written materials.
- Contributes to the content and organization of the registration process for all student-related international travel and programs.
- Assists students and faculty with travel registration requirements
- Partners with USF stakeholders (such as Student Health Services, Student Accessibility Services, General Counsel, Environmental Health and Safety, Export Control, among others) to ensure the delivery of high caliber/best practice health, safety, and risk mitigation education, and resources.
- Manages USF World’s contract with the designated international travel health and safety insurance provider
- Monitors global events and proactively analyzes health and safety risks across locations worldwide, reviews travel risks, and communicates risk mitigation strategies.
- Provides timely and thorough review of proposed plans for independent student travel and study abroad programs, compiles assessments of risks and mitigation strategies, and provides a recommendation regarding the viability of the proposed travel.
- Maintains effective and timely communication with travelers including sharing risk evaluations and materials from the university’s health and safety insurance provider.
- Cultivates relationships with subject matter experts on global safety including professionals from other universities, the Overseas Security Advisory Council, and the PULSE network to ensure high quality service delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum of four years related exempt experience, including two years of supervisory experience.
- Previous position in higher education with relevant and progressively responsible experience in international risk management and analysis.
- Graduate degree in international education, health, business, law, communications, risk-analysis or related field of study.
- International experience such as living, studying or working abroad and/or working for an international company or organization.
- Experience reviewing and implementing new international program policies and procedures.
- Experience developing and reviewing emergency plans and coordinating international crisis response efforts.
- Demonstrated experience with critical decision-making and the ability to problem solve and prioritize effectively.
- Significant experience managing and coordinating across university administration departments of colleges.
- Foreign language ability.
- Experience working with databases and other data collection tools.