The Office of Career Services office at The University of Tampa has a position available for an Employer Events and Marketing Coordinator. This position will manage high volume, year-round recruiting activities of the Office of Career Services in consultation with the Director and Manager of Employer Development, coordinate the internal employer relations and recruiting programs with organizations seeking to hire talent through a wide variety of programs including on-campus interviews, employer branding events and program integration. This position will also oversee the organization and implementation of high-profile Job Fairs each semester and other large-scale events. The Employer Events and Marketing Coordinator will report to the Manager of Employer Development.
As a member of the Office of Student Affairs, this position will uphold the values of diversity and inclusion, collaboration, personal responsibility, professionalism and community and citizenship. The work of this position will intentionally align with strategic priorities to advance the mission and vision of student affairs which results in student learning and support for students to grow as global citizens.
This position is designated as an essential employee and may be required to report to work as scheduled when University offices are closed due to severe weather or other conditions.
• Develop, plan, and coordinate career connection programs, special projects, events, and activities, including career fairs, student mentorship, employer information sessions, and coordinated corporate/employer campus visits. Manages and oversees programs and events for Office of Career Services, as well as in partnership with other stakeholders to promote employer and alumni engagement with students, faculty, and staff. May solicit feedback through a formal evaluation process to improve the programs and or events.
• Create and implement a student engagement strategy to increase awareness and attendance for events, fairs, and other resources.
• Build lasting relationships with student organization leaders and new Coordinator of Student Engagement (OSLE) to accelerate the connections made with the Career Services Office.
• Develop relationships with campus stakeholders to promote interaction with employers/industry partners, alumni, colleges, faculty, staff, and student groups. Assists in and/or may facilitate a Career Connections Engagement Community and will maintain a master events calendar and coordinates career services events efforts and scheduling in partnership with college/school counterparts to provide more transparency and visibility of career services events at The University of Tampa University.
• Designs, organizes, and manages logistics of all events, including developing and managing guest lists and responses; securing various vendors (entertainment, tenting, rentals, catering, security, parking); coordinating committees and volunteer/student support services.
• Create and maintains contact/engagement records the university career services network Handshake to better identify or recommend individuals, alumni, employer/industry contacts for engagement opportunities (speakers, panelists, lecturers, mentors, etc.), as well as prospects for partnership/donor development.
• Partner with communication and marketing personnel within the office and department to collaboratively compose and design content for dissemination through a variety of media aimed to connect with and communicate to various stakeholder audiences (employers, students, alumni, faculty, and staff).
• Provide a level of administrative support in relation to developing schedules, including employer interview day schedules, and coordinates travel arrangements, itineraries, and related reimbursement/administrative processes for those involved in programs and services by working with the functional unit’s administrative assistants.
• Supervise student staff within the Marketing Internship that assist in event coordination and management.
• Attend trainings and fully engage in learning and utilizing university-wide technology, specifically Workday, and other department specific technology platforms.
• Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Two (2) years related experience in event coordination and/or customer service-related field. Experience working in an academic setting preferred.
3. High level of customer service; collaboration, exceptional work ethic; attention to detail; organizational, problem-solving, and follow-through ability.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to speak effectively before groups.
6. Experience with career management technology (Handshake or similar CRM platform); online career resource tools, project management and social media applications preferred.
7. Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
8. Proficient with Microsoft Office products and familiarity with online resume and job listing systems; Strong skills in Excel and database management experience.
9. Knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
10. Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
11. Willingness to travel locally and out of state to employer site visits and conferences as needed.