When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Technical back end developer/architect on the Service Assurance wireless NOC team and is responsible for Design and Development of Network Management Center / NOC solutions to build and enhance a Self-Service application for the NMC / NOC work centers.
- Implements solutions architecture by building micro components/services, custom designs ensuring technical integrity and alignment with the business.
- Collaborates with IT development teams from Service Assurance, Network Inventory, Testing, and Dispatch teams to integrate Service Assurance services.
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems creatively and make decisions.
- Build strong internal or external customer relationships and manage high level expectations at all levels.
- Designs and develops reports on order volumes, service assurance intervals, manual touch points to improve process efficiencies.
- Works with Quality Engineering and Production Support teams to get software tested in SIT/UAT and deployed in Production.
What we’re looking for…
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong working knowledge on Unix/Linux, Oracle databases.
- Knowledge working in JBoss/Wildfly.
- Working experience in Git, Maven, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
- Knowledge of the Verizon voice, data and transport networks
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Micro services.
- Knowledge of EJB, Web services and Servlets and Apigee.
- Knowledge of Verizon’s network managements and other service assurance systems.
- Knowledge of system development methodologies Dev Ops and Agile along with JIRA/Confluence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.