Visit Tampa Bay is seeking a Director of Public Relations who will serve as the public relations strategist guiding the public relations team via proactive, big-picture outreach to local, regional, national, and international media. They also serve as a lead for creative-writing expert guiding and writing most of the copywriting for collateral, sales promotion pieces, brochures, advertising, annual marketing plans, online content, blogs, and key marketing projects.
- Four-year college degree in public relations, communications, o r journalism
- Seven plus years direct experience
- Strong editing skills, with a comprehensive knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, and especially AP style
- Ability to pitch to media on daily basis
- Prior management responsibilities
- Knowledge of the local area, hospitality industry, media, and news-gathering processes
- Established contacts with local and national press and media representatives
- International press contacts would be ideal
- Flexible schedule a must, with some nights, weekends, and travel required.