The Director of Transportation and Planning is responsible for developing mobility and public realm plans and projects that improve the quality of life in Tampa’s Westshore District. The position focuses on advancing projects and concepts identified in the Westshore Transportation Action Plan, Westshore Public Realm Master Plan and other plans that improve mobility options and support economic development in the District. To succeed in this position, independent judgment and discretion are often utilized to accomplish duties to develop, implement, and manage effective transportation demand management and urban planning activities.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Management, Marketing, Communications, or a related field is required.
• Three to five years’ experience in a related field is required. Planning, Transportation Demand Management and/or community outreach experience is strongly preferred.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, process management and reporting.
• Experience in public information, public affairs, and/or community outreach.
• Ability to express ideas clearly and persuasively, both orally and in writing, to a variety of audiences.
• Experience working with and managing consultants.
• Excellent time-management skills: the ability to multitask and prioritize limited time and resources.
• Ability to make independent decisions and use discretion to accomplish duties.