ZooTampa at Lowry Park – Tampa, FL 33604
As part of the Business Analytics team the Business Analytics Manager will bridge the gap between data and stakeholders using analytics to assess, determine and deliver data driven expense and revenue detailed reviews and recommendations. Responsible for the use and manipulation of complex reports and dashboards to enable internal business partners’ access to data.
Key responsibilities include relationship building with department leadership, creating pro formas, analyzing proposals, development of financial recommendations, produce ongoing and after action analysis providing insights for use in future programs. Initiate efficiency investigations and cost saving projects.
Who We Are
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is one of the most popular zoos in the southeastern U.S., with over 1 million visitors annually. We have grown to what now encompasses 56 acres of naturalistic wildlife habitats in a lush, tropical garden setting with wide-ranging activities. The Zoo, accredited by Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), offers popular educational programming, fun recreational amenities, up-close animal encounters and engaging seasonal events for which it has won awards as one of the country’s most family-friendly zoos.
Our mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and care for animals; create exceptional personalized experiences that connect people with wildlife and each other in fun, immersive ways.
Our vision is that everyone we touch is motivated to join us in taking action to protect and preserve wildlife.
Join us and become a part of creating unforgettable natural connections!
Your day to day
- Actively engages with stakeholders at all stages of planning to identify and understand possible projects and revenue initiatives Identifies and validates the key business requirements, assesses the financial feasibility of proposed initiatives, and provides ongoing analysis and updates. When appropriate, recommends the need to adjust or modify to meet financial targets.
- Provides timely reporting and analysis detail for stakeholders that identify variances between budgeted and actual goals and cost objectives. Isolates causation.
- Creates proformas for projects and initiatives under consideration, including budgets, format and mechanism for monitoring ongoing assessments/updates/recommendations, and projected net results.
- Manipulates various tools and reports for gathering data, effectively planning, and otherwise supporting the organization in achieving attendance and financial targets.
- Uses assigned processes and creates others as needed to provide effective financial and non-financial analysis.
- Works as a business partner to support and assists various departments and business units with revenue and expense budgeting, forecasting, and ongoing monitoring; analyzes results in a timely manner so appropriate steps can be taken to correct unfavorable conditions or poor results.
- Gathers and analyzes data in order to determine effectiveness and profitability of various programs and initiatives. Reports out on findings and makes recommendations for adjustments to strategies.
- Identify and execute projects that improve efficiency, net revenue or experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Two years of college or vocational/technical school required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five to ten years of related experience within the entertainment industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience writing ad hoc reports from an SQL database preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Word and Excel and be able to adapt well to various other computer programs.
- Must have basic understanding of database report writing tools and Power BI (or other business intelligence dashboard tools).
- Must be able to use a wide range of methods, metrics and tools to perform a cost/benefit business analysis.
- Ability to effectively and proactively engage with others in project planning and meeting environments. Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into accurate and financially relevant summaries that support real time decision making, including the ability to identify and help correct operational problems quickly to avoid missing financial targets.
- Must have excellent skills in cost analysis, budget development and resource management..
- Proven ability to track, monitor and interpret business performance metrics
- Demonstrated performance helping business units make informed decisions of consistently high quality.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over multiple-year time span.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret results honestly to improve future performance.
- Problem analysis, prevention, and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills, and the ability to listen actively by summarizing, asking clarifying questions, and interpreting.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be able to think logically with common senses and solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude with the public.
- Must have the ability to speak objectively based on data interpretation even if findings are not the popular consensus.
- Ability to use radio, telephone, and computer to communicate and follow written and verbal instructions.
Our Perks at ZooTampa
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet, Life Insurance, 403(b) Pension Plan
- Vacation and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness
- Free gym membership
- Free admission to the Zoo, MOSI, and the Florida Aquarium
- Free or discounted admission to many attractions in Florida
- Discounted HART passes and AAA
- Discounted auto insurance
- And so much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace